My Manifiesto

MY MANIFESTO

I have grown.

Not just older, but wiser.
Not just stronger, but softer in the places where I once had to become hard.

I have learned a lot. I have suffered a lot. I have lost pieces of myself and found new ones. I have cried until there were no tears left, laughed until my stomach hurt, loved with everything I had, and walked through moments I once thought would break me.

But they didn't break me.

They changed me.

Yesterday's hardships became the lessons that taught me how to shed an old skin. I had to let go of versions of myself that were built from fear, anger, hurt, survival, and the need to constantly defend myself. I had to become someone new—not because my past didn't matter, but because I refused to let my past decide who I would become.

I have learned that sometimes you have to fight.

Not every battle deserves your energy, but when there is a battle worth winning, I have learned to stand my ground. I have learned that courage isn't always loud. Sometimes courage is simply waking up the next morning after something tried to destroy you and deciding to keep going.

Sometimes courage is crying in public.

Because crying isn't weakness. It is evidence that something mattered. It is the body releasing what the heart could no longer carry. I used to think I had to hide my pain to prove I was strong. Now I understand that there is strength in being honest about what hurts.

I have also learned that holding a grudge is a poison.

It doesn't punish the person who hurt you nearly as much as it poisons the person carrying it. Anger can become a home if you let it. Resentment can quietly consume your peace. And I refuse to spend the rest of my life carrying people who were never willing to carry the weight of what they did to me.

So I choose forgiveness.

Not because what happened was okay.

Not because I deserved it.

Not because they apologized.

And certainly not because I have forgotten.

I forgive because I deserve peace.

There is a different kind of courage in forgiving people who never gave you an apology. It takes strength to release the anger when the person who caused the wound never acknowledged it. It takes maturity to accept that sometimes you will never receive the explanation, accountability, or closure you deserved.

And I have learned that closure doesn't always come from the person who hurt you.

Sometimes you have to give it to yourself.

To the people who hurt me, triggered me, traumatized me, betrayed me, misunderstood me, spoke badly about me, wished evil or harm upon me, or wanted to see me fall—I release you.

Whatever is in your heart is yours to answer for.

God can deal with what I cannot.

Your intentions toward me are no longer my burden. Your anger is no longer my responsibility. Your hatred is not mine to carry. Your choices are not mine to fix.

That is between you and God.

It is no longer my business.

I have spent enough time fighting battles that were never mine to fight. I have spent enough time trying to prove my heart to people who had already decided how they wanted to see me.

I am done.

I choose peace.

I choose growth.

I choose forgiveness without reconciliation when reconciliation is not healthy for me.

I choose boundaries without guilt.

I choose love without abandoning myself.

I choose to walk away without needing everyone to understand why.

I choose to become the woman my younger self needed.

Because I have survived things I never thought I would survive.

I have laughed through pain.

I have loved after heartbreak.

I have rebuilt after being torn down.

I have stood back up after falling.

I have learned.

I have matured.

And I have become someone I am proud of.

I am not the same woman I was yesterday.

And I don't want to be.

Yesterday taught me.

Yesterday wounded me.

Yesterday challenged me.

Yesterday changed me.

But yesterday does not own me.

I shed that skin.

And I am walking forward lighter, wiser, stronger, and freer.

I don't need revenge.

I don't need everyone to apologize.

I don't need everyone to understand me.

I don't need to prove that I was hurt.

I know what I lived through.

God knows what I lived through.

And that is enough.

My story is no longer about everything that happened to me.

It is about everything I chose to become despite it.

I have cried.

I have fought.

I have lost.

I have loved.

I have forgiven.

I have grown.

And above all—

I survived myself, my circumstances, my pain, and the people who tried to break me.

Now I choose to live.

Not with bitterness.

Not with hatred.

Not with revenge.

But with peace.

Because I have spent too much of my life surviving.

Now, I want to experience what it means to truly be free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am back !!

Psalm 23